Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Elias's Blanket

Elias's blanket is ready to welcome him into the world, and I can't wait to meet the little guy!


This was my first time using a printed fabric for backing, and I love how it turned out!  I actually purchased this backing fabric because our local fabric store had only one blue flannel.  And since pink didn't really seem appropriate for this project...  But I love this flannel!  I'll definitely keep an eye out for printed flannel in the future.


Deciding what color to use for the running stitch along the binding was a hard decision.  Orange or yellow?  Then I realized I didn't have enough orange embroidery floss to make it around the entire blanket, so yellow it was!  Love it when hard decisions become so easy.  :)


Because I used the yellow around the perimeter, I chose orange for the message on the back.


Praise God for the blessings of children!

2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow stitching around the binding! I usually use a blind stitch, never thought about putting a pop of color there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the personal message on the back! I'm sure it will be cherished in years to come. I wish all our baby blankets had dates and info stitched in to them...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - it will make my day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...