Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Dress

No, I haven't forgotten that I have a blog. And I have been doing a fair amount of crafting. But have I done much on the computer? Nope...

I made this little baby dress last week and am finally getting around to posting it! Kiri found the Itty Bitty Baby Pattern a couple years ago, and I thought it would be great for some stash-busting!



I will probably be making 2 more dresses from this pattern soon, since I have 2 more pieces of this fabric in different colors. I originally bought three of the same fabrics(in different colors) to make dresses for three of my baby dolls. It was going to be one of my first sewing projects... hmm...



I'm planning to embellish all 3 a little differently. The bow was a last minute thing that I added (originally I was gonna put on rickrack, but I didn't end up having any that was the right color...) because I had the perfect amount of binding tape left. I think a ribbon bow would look better, though, so maybe I'll change it.



This project was really fast and easy. If you have 1/2 a yard of fabric lying around and want a quick project, I recommend this sweet little dress!



Does it seem I'm all about baby things recently? Maybe it's cause I know lots of ladies that are pregnant? And baby things are always so sweet. :o)

5 comments:

  1. I love it Kels!
    You'll have to lend me the pattern sometime!
    (no, I have never made a baby dress before, but there is a first time for everything :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty Kelsie! I love the fabric. ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsie, that was La's Sunday dress when we went up there! The material was, I mean. It is cute, isn't it, your auroran friends again.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - it will make my day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...