One of my first sewing projects was a 50's circle skirt that didn't turn out. The waistband was wonky, and it hung strangely. I wore it around the house a few times and then threw it in my closet thinking someday I might try to use the fabric for some other project.
Well, that day finally came when I decided to try to make it into a pencil skirt. I based the shape on a skirt I already had and set to work. And when I finished... I realized I would never wear this skirt.
It's not absolutely egregious, but it hangs a little funny and is kinda tight at the top. The fabric was cheap to begin with, so I'm not sure there was anything I could have done to make this turn into a nice skirt. But at least I tried!
As you can tell, I didn't even bother to hem it. But I did get the fabric out of my closet, so yay for stash-busting!
Speaking of stash-busting, one of my goals this year is to try to complete at least one stash-bust project a month. I'm hoping to have the "stash" in my closet pretty much gone by the end of the year! Then I can fill it with new fabric/projects. ;)