Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

When I'm hungry I often go into the kitchen and make some sort of cookie bar.  Or - one of my favorite things to make - a granola bar.  Some friends gave me this recipe, and it's one of my absolute favorites!  So if you're feeling like a yummy snack, I highly recommend...  :)


Chewy Granola Bars

In large bowl combine:

3 3/4 cups oats
1 cup Rice Krispies
1/4 cup wheat flour (or germ)

In a saucepan mix:

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Stir and heat to boiling on med/low.  Remove from heat and add:

2/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.  Cool 10-15 minutes and add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.  Press into 9x13 inch pan.  Cut when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - it will make my day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...